Friday, November 17, 2006

HOW TO RECHARGE YOUR HUMAN BATTERY

Yesterday I slept from 1 AM to 5:30 PM with a few "water breaks" to rest in between sleeping. I thought this meant I either had:
  • mono (aka, the kissing disease and glandular fever)
  • Depression (sometimes a product of mono)
  • Anxiety-Induced Depression
  • A Sinus Infection
  • Seasonal Affective Disorder

    But no! It was none of these. I was..... TIRED! And I went out for a drink at night and ate some pretend nachos and woke up feeling spendiforous freedom joy.

    So today, I am slowly remembering that while I am frustrated putting together my life's work, I need to remember to have fun in the meantime, and I am going to see For Your Consideration (See past entries) today at noon by myself before I go to work at Phoebe's at three.

    ALSO: Yesterday, Jessica and I meant to see this movie:

    The Good Sheperd



    But we underestimated the number of CIA related Matt Damon new releases out, and accidentally saw the new Scorsese: which was sort of a mixture of blood bath and mockumentary, losely based on the reality TV series "Mole" or whatever the hell that's called.

    In the end, I'm ten minutes away from finishing my laundry, I already put air in my bike tires and went to the bank, and I hope this work and fun-reward system will do my happiness and work ethic some good.

    It's nice to relax.
    Or to work on relaxing.

    What do you do when you get stressed?
  • 2 comments:

    annie said...

    i can answer this cuz i'm always sTRESSIN'

    1- jog
    2- drive
    3- watch opera or extreme home makeover or purple rain or something else really emotional like that, gets it all out of your system

    Xenia said...

    It's funny annie because when I stop driving for awhile i get carphobia and i am DEFINITELY three years Sober from jogging, but I definitely think both of those things are my old therapies I'm not sure why I quit...

    As for # 3, I'm all over that.